Saturday, April 9, 2016

Avgeek



I took so many photos during the visit to the Clark Air Base that I think a second post is warranted. 


I saw two more A10 Thunderbolt deep in the apron, but I gt shooed away by a US serviceman, so I just took a photo using the zoom lens.

I can't get enough of the FA50 aircraft of the Philippine Air Force. Here's a video of it being towed to the tarmac as well.




Before the FA50, the only jets in the PAF inventory are the Aermacchi S211, bought in the late 1980s-early 1990s. They look so small now. It is armed with small unguided 2.75-inch rockets


The E3 Sentry AWACS aircraft with its distinctive radome, which contains the radar. 


The P8 Poseidon anti-submarine warfare aircraft, which will replace the P3 Orion. If it looks familiar, it's because it is based on the Boeing 737 passenger jet.


The V-22 Osprey is a tilt-rotor aircraft that enables it to take off vertically like a helicopter.


US personnel posing in from of the HIMARS rocket launcher.


The AGM-65 Maverick missile under the pylon of an A10 Thunderbolt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment